Welcome to Louisville Metro’s Department of Solid Waste Curbside Services! Here, you can:
- Order recycling and garbage carts
- Exchange a garbage cart for a smaller size
- Purchase a lid to convert a garbage cart into a recycling cart
- Report damaged or missing carts
Step 1: Are you eligible to buy or exchange a cart?
The answer is YES if your residence or business is one of the following:
- Single family or multi-unit home
- Condominium or apartment building with 8 or less units*
- Business, non-profit organization, or church that produces less than six 95 gallon carts of trash per week*
*Condominium buildings with more than 8 units and businesses located within the Central Business District, please contact MetroCall 311 to request services.
What if you're not eligible?
If you live outside the Urban Services District (the former City of Louisville) in an unincorporated area of Jefferson County, or if you don't meet the requirements above, you will need to contract individually for services with a private waste collection company. Click here to learn more
Step 2: Verify your residence or business is within the Urban Services District.
Please provide street address: